Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wife-beaters and the GOP

The sad spectacle of roughly half the country continuing to support today's Republican Party reminds me of the woman who continues to make excuses for her wife-beater husband, continues to bail him out of jail, refuses to press charges, believes her abusive husbands' promises that he's changed--that this time it'll be different.

You betcha.
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of today's Democratic Party either. But it's hard to imagine how they could do worse.
And yet I was just listening to Rush Limbaugh this morning, and his followers calling in believed totally. Repub=God; Demo=Satan. And no, I'm not exaggerating. They're absolutely certain that this time it'll be different.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog. I'll be following your articles. Keep writing.