Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Making flights safe
1. Scanners, scanners everywhere.
2. Profile, instead of harassing everyone who flies. Most young Muslim men aren't murderous terrorists. But most murderous terrorists are young Muslim men. That's doesn't justify keeping all young Muslim men off airplanes, and it's crucial to treat them courteously. But they must get extra attention, It can't be helped, and innocent young Muslim men should understand that. And they have to sit in the middle, away from the airplane's skin, and not over the wings/fuel tanks. Again, sorry. Can't be helped.
3. Use UAVs (drones) to kill terrorist leaders and followers wherever we can find them, in Yemen, in Pakistan, everywhere. We can't achieve success purely defensively. Anyone in Al Qaeda needs to handed a nightmarish existence, always looking up at the sky, peering through the clouds. Also use hit squads like the ones Mossad used to kill virtually all the Palestinian terrorist who murdered Israeli athletes at the Munich Olympics in 1972.
4. Develop a massive internet strike force that speaks Arabic and/or Pashtun and/or Urdu etc. to disrupt the Jihadisphere.
5. Mount a PR campaign to attack the religious legitimacy of Jihadism. This will be extremely difficult to do, but it needs to be done.
Posted by Ehkzu at 12:29 AM