Thursday, February 2, 2012

An exchange

Here's a comment and a reply from a Washington Post article about Romney and immigration:

buzz5663
1/28/2012 3:15 AM PST
Romney insn't 'anti-immigrant'.

lol. Romney wants to starve you out, he wants to force you to 'self deport, but he is not anti immigrant. Just imagine how it would be if he was against you.
ehkzu
1:08 AM PST
Who is "you?" I was born here. Our two best friends came here from India and Russia--legally. They're citizens like me. Romney doesn't want us to go. And our friends are certainly immigrants.
So he's not "anti-immigrant."

So you, sir, are guilty of writing propaganda by conflating opposition to illegal immigration with opposition to legal immigration.

I won't be voting for Romney because I understand voodoo economics. I'll be voting for Obama. So I'm on your side. Only I'm not willing to write propaganda to support my guy, and you are.

And to what purpose? Do you seriously think independents are going to vote for Obama because of this little piece of agitprop? You'll just offend them and push them into the Republicans' eager arms. Democrats will win by vigorously opposing Republicans' smear tactics--not by imitating them.

www.blogzu.blogspot.com

No comments: