Monday, October 22, 2012

"When I am President"

Some candidates for public office--Mitt Romney for example--state as a fact, consistently, that they are going to win the upcoming election.

I admire self-confidence. I agree with George Bernard Shaw that the humble "usually have much to be humble about."

But when the consensus of the polls show that it's a crapshoot--heck, even if the polls show the guy doing the boasting is, say, five points ahead--and that's about as much as any presidential candidate gets in this country--constantly doing the victory dance before the victory just looks like crude braggadocio.

This is a small point. A tiny point perhaps. And Boss Romney isn't the first one to boast about a victory before an election (remember Truman holding up the newspaper announcing Dewey's win?).

I bring it up because I think it's a guide to the character of the man.

1 comment:

burunestetigi said...

I was absolute encouraged to acquisition this site. I capital to acknowledge you for this appropriate read. I in fact savored every little bit of it. Rinoplasti